Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trapped in a Cage

Two days into the semester and I'm already wishing for a vacation.

It's not the stress of seeing so many course outlines at once and the amount of work I need to complete that is getting to me, it is the mere fact that I just want to finally take control of my life.

I'm tired of being told what to do, when to do it, how not to do it, and how it should be.

The education program has a leash around my neck and it's only. growing. tighter.

I appreciate the fact that they recognize as a Senior, I should get more time in the classroom. Yes, I will enjoy observing/teaching twice a week. At the same time, as a Senior, I wish professors in the education program would stop with the mindless busy work, pointless projects, and infuriating demands.

At what point in your life do you ever have freedom? I'm beginning to fear never. There will always be someone to answer to, someone's standards to meet, someone you fear. The boss, the bill collectors, the government.

It's not fair, and I'm wondering why this is so. Maybe I've been in this damn cage since I was young, but now that I'm getting older it seems to be getting smaller.

No comments: