Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Middle of the Road

I had an odd feeling today as I was changing clothes in the bathroom following my observations at a Champaign High school and before I went to a U of I class.

As I was changing out of my professional dressy clothes and into my college uniform (that is, jeans, hoodie, and flip flops) I literally felt my demeanor and attitude change.

When I walked into the bathroom in my nice clothes I felt confident, mature, and ready for the world.

When I changed I felt comfortable, defiant, and unaffected by the outside world.

Not that it's not great to know I can actually pull off the grown-up thing...
But I think for now (for these last few months) I'll enjoy my unique college self

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Whitney and her defiant jeans!

WhitC said...

That's not what he said....


OH!

Anonymous said...

LOL....

This is why women shouldn't wear pants. It makes them uppity.