Wednesday, November 12, 2008

College Vs. Real World

My transition into the Real World about to happen has made me start thinking....
Specifically about the Pros and Cons of University Life and the Pros and Cons of my soon-to-be-teaching world.

College
Pro: I get to enjoy refreshing weather everyday on my looong walks to class.
Con: Sometimes that weather isn't so refreshing (like today) I wind up in class with a wet winter jacket, soaking jeans, shoes with cold puddles in them, and matted hair. It's always fun to sit in a classroom on a day like this.....wet dog anyone?

Real World
Pro: Ha ha haha I get to drive to class...not have to walk in 2 feet of snow and -30 degree weather!
Con: No more frequent exercising. And my walking is my iPod time!

College
Pro: Lots of little breaks throughout my day, giving me time to relax, nap, or do whatever my heart desires
Con: God-awful teachers, God-awful homework assignments at night, and no damn free time!

Real World
Pro: True, I will be at my "job" for about 9 hours straight, but when I'm done, I'm done. No more freaking papers to write!!!!!
Con: God-awful students, God-awful lesson planning, and no damn free time!

College
Pro: I actually enjoy learning, and school isn't that bad.....
Con: I CAN'T STAND BEING A STUDENT ANYMORE!!

Real World
Pro: I'm going into a job I LOVE, which will make every day, a special day.
Con: How much can one really love a real-world job?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing good about the real world. Stay in school forever!

P.S. I have food poisoning.

WhitC said...

What in God's name have you and Jonasty been eating?

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know, stuff we find in the streets.

WhitC said...

hahaha
MJ, you know...If you and Jonah are having a hard time footing the bills you can always come back and live here! :)

mandaelyse said...

Stay in school as long as you can. I plan on going until I'm at least 28. You should do the same.

Luz said...

ugh the real world sucks! Plus in college there's me!