Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dear Fall,

Oh how I love you. I love you so much I forgive you for being the season in which school starts up and becomes incredibly difficult. I love you so much I could never move to a warm area where Fall doesn't occur as it does here. (Despite my love of summer months). I love you so much I want to be married in your season. I love you so much I'm already excited to have kids to give me an acceptable excuse to run and jump in leaves again.

Speaking of leaves I love the colors you turn them. The reds, yellows, oranges....all my favorite colors! I love the scrunch the leaves make when I walk on them, and I go out of my way to stomp them. I love your smell Fall. I love the smell of burning leaves. I love the not to hot, not to cold weather you provide. I love when you last a really long time so Winter doesn't come to soon. I love the holidays you have; Halloween, Thanksgiving. I love that the bugs start to disappear as you appear. I love that walking past trees with coffee in hand seems like the perfect thing to do. I love the presence of football you bring. What says fall more than the sound of crashing pads, grunts, and whistles?

I love the flavors associated with you; pumpkin, pumpkin spice, apple, apple cinnamon, hot cider. I love that wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, and flats provides the perfect warmth and comfort. I love that squirrels are out constantly looking for acorns and I get to watch them play. I love looking at you Fall. How perfect you are!

Love,
(Your loyal fan)
Whitney

1 comment:

Luz said...

whitney u need not any acceptable excuse to jump in the leaves, any reason is fine!