Sunday, April 13, 2008

Last Post Continued....But Sober

So I'm sorry but it's true. I do not think I like my new boss. The guy taking Pete's place (J.) is ok, he's quiet, respectful, and a hard worker. But his 24 year old cousin, R. (taking the place of Joe and who I have to deal with 99% of the time) is a major ass wipe.

Here are the reasons I don't like him:

At work-
- He only calls me "Hun" "Sweetie" "Sweetheart" or "Adorable"
Ummmm, NO.

- He constantly has to touch whatever waitress is around him...whether it be arm over shoulders, hand on the back, or in the case of last night, both hands around my waist.
Ummmm, NO.

- He tries to be super smooth, flirting with all of the waitresses, customers, or whoever else is around.
Ummmm, NO.

Last night-
- Me: "I can't believe they didn't card me! I'm only 21!"
R.: "It's because you look like you're 30."
Ummmm, NO.

- R. to Me after I made a reaction to something someone said: "I knew you would be dramatic about it."
Ummmm, NO.

- R. to Me: "I bet you made out with 21 guys on your 21st birthday. You slut."
Ummmm, NO.

- R. to Me and some others: "....Or you could have your tits hanging out all night like Whitney"
Ummmm, NO. I can't help I have big boobs, you ass!

And to finish the night off-
- R. told one of the waitresses N., (who has a kid, anger problems, and a crazy-ass abusive boyfriend) that he was "drawn to her" wanted her to stop being so hot and flirtatious and coming to work looking so sexy because it was getting "hard for him".
Ummmm, NO.

A. There seems to be nothing professional about this guy.
B. I can't believe I have to work for him until next December.
C. I simply DO. NOT. LIKE. HIM.

He's cocky, creepy, and thinks he's being funny when he just comes off like an ass.

Am I overreacting? Or is this shit weird?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are being subjected to a hostile work environment, which is one of two categories of sexual harassment outlined in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Specific actions of your supervisor that violate the law are:

discussing sexual activities
unnecessary touching
commenting on physical attributes and
using demeaning or inappropriate terms, such as "Babe".

Under current law, the restaurant could to liable up to fifty thousand dollars.

I think you should tell this guy this and if he continues, I really think you should file a complaint.
You can do that over the phone 800-669-4000. It's handled by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Unknown said...

Wow nice information. I would sue him or have your brothers "talk" to him. He sounds like a jerk on a power trip.

Anonymous said...

Seems like a real dirtball. Go easy on him though ... he's 24 and it's probably the first time he's been a boss. If you tell him he's being inapropriate he might just stop. If he doesn't than you should sue him

WhitC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WhitC said...

ha! I agree Nate!

WhitC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mandaelyse said...

That dude is bad news. You have to say something to him. He's probably used to being around girls who just giggle and bat their eyelashes at his disgusting remarks and behavior. Let him know from the beginning that that just doesn't fly with you. And if things don't change, maybe talk to the other boss. And if things still don't change, hire Marty as your lawyer and sue him. She seems to have her shit together.