Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dreams and Time

I must say, I'm starting to resent time. I resent how quickly it's been passing. I resent that it's nearly the end of the summer and in one month from now I'll be living in my "fall" apartment and getting ready to start (sadly) a new semester in a few days.

I resent how everything anymore just zooms forward and floats by and I feel like afterwards I'm wondering to myself, how in the world did time fly like that?? How in the world is it almost August? Was it not just May and I was so excited to be finishing my Sophomore year of college? And here I am, now, perplexed as to how I've gotten here.

I must say, I'm scared of time and it's ability to speed up faster and faster as I've gotten older. My middle school days passed in a normal amount of time, Jr. High passed quickly, Highschool passed in a blur, and college has thus far gone in the blink of an eye. I'm scared that before I know it I will be 40 and wondering where my life has gone.

But I suppose that's why you make (or are supposed to) make the most out of everyday. So even if you realize you're suddenly 40 you can at least tell yourself it's been a wonderful 40 years. So that is my plan, I want to live out my dreams and go for the unexpected. Maybe.

Last night in a drunken discussion Shubbu and I revealed our secret (but silly) desire to be famous. Famous, for something. We decided it's best to be actresses and I'm now fully confident that I have Oscar potential written all over me. Especially since I've read Blonde about Marilyn Monroe. That's really made me want to become an actress/bombshell of the century and die of a suspicious overdose at 36. Or maybe I'll skip the overdose part. But I'm no fool, I realize if I really want to be that famous I had better die in some tragic way.

So Shubbu and I agreed we must move to Hollywood straight away after college (Because hey, we're smart girls and know we need a backup) and Luz will move with us and pay bills while we're searching for work. Will this actually happen? Sadly probably no. But I have a written promise from Luz guaranteeing financial support should I go meet my calling.

I suppose you've gathered that last night was another drunken weeknight evening for Luz, Shubbu, and I. Another one which started off with me just needing a beer and turned out with three sick girls feeling (but not actually!!) like we needed to puke. It began with beer and Smirnoff Ices, progressed to Strip and Go Naked's (1 can lemonaide, 1 can beer, 1 can vodka, mix well) which is very tasty but potent shit. We each had several glasses of that which really did the trick!! Oh and Mom and Dad, Luz and Shubbu thank you two for giving me the recipe and the means to get your daughter and her friends really, really drunk. I love you! We then finished the night with more Smirnoff Ices and what else? tequila shots. As usual, the evening was filled with drunken high-heeled dancing.

I swear, we actually plan on going out for an evening instead of always being those apartment drunks. This Saturday, Luz, Shubbu, and I are going for a roomie dinner at Olive Garden and then plan to go out to the bars. And if you're wondering, yes I still live with Marty but she's just never around darn her.

And although I was just complaining about time, I do have to thank it for something. That of course, being that it is one day (one day!!!) away from the release of the final Harry Potter book. And as all of you faithful blog readers must know, this is enough to make me so happy I could cry. And there was no sarcasm in that statement. I'm thrilled, excited, nervous, and a little depressed that's it's really over. But thank you time for this one!

But time has still done it again. It's the end of the day which has passed quickly, but happily I must say. Happy days are much needed and very well appreciated for me lately. But sleep, it must be. Good night all!! Make the most of your day today!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, loyal readers, I was camping and I missed my roommates dearly.

Luz said...

ugh i hate time!