Monday, July 23, 2007

I need MO MO MOney (and Harry Potter books)

Well, as of yesterday I'm officially finished with the Harry Potter series.

It was not only by far the best of the Harry series, but also probably my favorite book ever. I have huge amounts of bittersweet feelings. So happy at the way it turned out, but so sad at how many characters died and that it's really, really over. I'm also proud of myself because 99% of my assumptions came true. Indeed, I am one amazing Harry fan. I guess now I just can look forward to my annual summer re-reading and one day reading the novels to my kids. Oh it was such a good book!!!! I could go on and on about it but I don't want to annoy anyone and I certainly don't want to accidentally include any spoilers. But I think I should include that if you read my blog you had better start or intend to at some point read the series. It's every great piece of literature with every great blockbuster mixed in one. Just read the first, and you'll be hooked. And its fun to watch Harry and friends grow up as the literature grows deeper as well. So read! read! read them!

This weekend was a great one, and I'm slightly mad because it went really fast. Friday I had a fabulous night at work, making $115!! And then Luz, Shubbu, and I went to the bookstore and waited in line for Harry Potter. It was so fun to be around all those crazed fans. But we got home surprisingly early and immediately started reading. I of course, woke up early Saturday, read all day, then the three of us went out to dinner at Olive Garden, came home had numerous margaritas, played circle of death, and then went out to some bars. Sunday I spent reading again until I finished the book, then Luz's family came and her mother and father cooked us some authentic Mexican cuisine. We had sopes which were delicious!!!! Then we went to go see Hairspray (a really campy, funny, cheesy movie) and finished the night with some Coldstone icrecream.

So here I am, having written two paragraphs and I believe I honestly have nothing else to say. Unless you want to hear me complain about how summer is nearly over and how sad this makes me. I swear, once August arrives I feel like I'm practically chained to a desk doing homework. Grrr.....if school just didn't stress me out so much I would feel much more fondly towards it. But no, it stresses me out to no degree and I feel like the only time I can breathe is in the summer. Especially now that I only have two years left of college, meaning my time to play around and mess around is over. Everything from here on out is not only necessary but unfortunately incredibly important for my future. Damnit. Damnit I just need to be rich for having done nothing.

And I'm starting to hate myself for how money hungry I've gotten. I think it's because I'm relying soley on myself these days to pay for rent, utilities, groceries, and anything else I may need. This in turn, reminds me of how poor I am and how sucky it is to live day to day with the amount of cash I may or may not have. I believe my new obsession with money is also occurring because I understand I will never have money. And I understand my life will probably be filled with constant worry and stress for money related issues. Damn the teaching profession for earning no money! And damn it sucks to know I'll never have enough money to buy my dream home, my dream car, my dream anything. I should sell my soul and go into the corporate world. I know I could be bossy, backstabbing, and bitchy to earn alot more money. But deep down I think I should be doing something to actually help people. Why the hell am I so noble!? And why the hell is Kyle not a millionaire so once I marry him I don't have to worry about these things.

I'm beginning to believe that money will be the overall theme for my blog this upcoming year. God help us all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You could develop an extremely insightful and novel scholastic curriculum that enhances the ability of students to learn and develop beyond the methodologies used in our current school systems. To avoid the obsessive attention to test scores and proverbial "ball-and-chains" of the required curriculum of publicly funded schools you could found a private learning academy based upon your entrepreneurial instructional methods.

This would have a far greater impact on many more children than would ever be possible within a conventional school system. Furthermore, if your techniques produced actual results, you would make far more money than you would ever actually need in your life.

Just my 2 cents...

WhitC said...

You should make a book of ideas Nate. This and your killing old people I really like.