Monday, July 16, 2007

I Now Pronounce You...Husband and Wife!!


Well, it's official. Brady is now married, and Kenna is a Cummins. It was an exhausting weekend, but what a weekend it was! So here is a (hopefully) brief summary of the wedding weekend!

Thursday: Got up early, early, way to early. My parents and Kyle picked me up and we began what would be a six or seven hour drive to Kansas City. It went fairly quickly, but more than fairly hot. Our air conditioning wasn't working at it's full potential meaning the four of us were grumpy, hot, sweaty, and sticky. But we arrived to our hotel (which was quite nice) and cleaned up before heading out to go on multiple errands and a dinner trip to a Mexican restaurant (what else with my family?) On The Border. I've never eaten there before but they have amazing chips and spicy salsa. We finished the night with more errands, cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and an early night to bed.


Friday: Much of Friday passed in a blur, largely because I didn't do anything at all. Kyle and my dad were gone much of the day picking up tuxes and picking up Nate and Kim from the airport. At some point though, I made myself take a shower, get gussied up, and we headed for the church to watch Wedding Rehearsal. Rehearsal went smoothly and I got to spend time with Nate and Kim which is always good fun. Then we headed to Rehearsal Dinner which the name of the restaurant keeps escaping me for some reason. Anyway, we had all of this barbecue everything which is not right up my alley of favorite foods but was still good nonetheless. Plus, there was excellent cookies and brownies which always make me smile! Sadly, Friday night my family and everyone in town on our side went out to the bars (which Kyle and I couldn't get into) so we stayed back while they had fun. Damn not being 21!!! Oh well, it turned out to be another early night for me.


Saturday: Woke up very early, and got ready in a hurry. I attempted to curl my hair but sadly it would just not work. We arrived at the church and split from the boys who had to fulfill groomsmen duties. We got to see Kenna in her wedding dress (beautiful) and before I knew it, it was already time for the wedding to start. Slightly like Kim and Nate's wedding, the ceremony passed in a blur, however I did hold it together a little better. I never cried once, although I did tear up many times. After Brady and Kenna were officially made husband and wife we headed to the basement for some yummy cake and a great chocolate fountain. I tried to take numerous pictures but I failed miserably. BUT I did smoke my very first cigar of my life!! (so much funner to do than smoking a cigarette). After Brady and Kenna left the reception my family and I headed back to the hotel, changed, then along with all of our other family/friends headed to (where else) On the Border. Saturday night was a ton of fun and involved lots of drinking and lots of eating. I remember being drunk enough that I thought it was really funny how Nate pushed Kim into a sprinkler and drunk enough that everyone thought it was really funny when my dad parked the car under a sprinkler to "wash the car". Lame, I know. But fun, all good fun.


Sunday: We woke up early (again) headed down and had hotel breakfast which was very, very delicious and then began the trip home. But of course things couldn't go smoothly. It was tremendously hot again meaning we were all sweating like crazy and we got a flat tire about halfway home. And for some reason the six hour trip back to Champaign seemed like it took 12 hours. But we made it, the weekend was a success, and I now have a new sister-in-law.


Yes, overall the weekend was great fun. We had several hitches but I had a really good time. I didn't include all of the fun stories because I've been told my blogs are getting to long. I apologize!! I just love being with my family and the funny things we do/talk about. Theme of this weekend: AC Slater-ing. Don't know what it is? Ask Nate.


Anyway, here are some of the few pics I took. It's possible (but not likely) I will later post some of my father's much better pictures.


Unfortunately, this would be the only picture I took the entire day of Brady and Kenna together. I should obviously never pursue a job as a Wedding photographer.

Brady and Kyle before Wedding Rehearsal. Brady may or may not look like a little child next to Kyle.

Me! Before Rehearsal...

Kyle and I before wolfing down some Kansas City Barbecue.

Brady and Kenna practicing Wedding-type stuff at Rehearsal

Kenna and her pink nightie. At her surprise party the night before the wedding

The Bridesmaids and Kenna at her surprise party. Which she thoroughly enjoyed.

Her Mrs. Cummins apron!

Kenna getting ready, gorgeous!

Kim, Bob, Nate, and Kyle. Doing stuff before the wedding.

Nate never smiles when I try to take his picture. And I just can't seem to get everyone's face fully in a picture.

My studly Boyfriend.


The Bridesmaids................................................


The Bride
The Cake




The Tables



Kenna Cummins



Brady Cummins




The Wedding Party. I know, I too am impressed by my very original captions.

This could have been a really good picture of Kyle and I had it not been a million degrees outside and made my hair flat flat flat.



The husband and wife leaving!

Congratulations Brady and Kenna!!!!

July 14th 2007


And just for the hell of it, (Or for Nate):

2 comments:

Luz said...

nate can u tell me what a.c. slater-ing is please?

Unknown said...

Sorry for the delay...

Guys this is probably the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. I was at my girlfriends house tonight for dinner, and shortly after i had to go #2. My Gf's brother was in the downstairs bathroom, so i went upstairs to use the master bathroom. I was about to take a dump, and I remembered something my friend told me called AC Slatering.
AC Slatering is when you take a dump facing backwards on the toilet, just how on saved by the bell AC Slater always sat backwards on a chair. So when I was taking a dump, My stomach was facing the back of the toilet, and my back was facing the door. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and began to get nervous. Since AC Slatering is a tough position to get into, it requires taking off your pants. So there I am sitting in my GF's parents bathroom taking a dump with my pants off and facing the wrong way on the toilet. My dump was about halfway out when the footsteps became closer. I then turned around to see that I had not locked the door. Trying to finish as quickly as I could, I began pushing harder and harder. Suddenly, the door opened, and my gf's mom stood there in shock staring at me. We made eye contact for a split second, and I was so embarrassed I wanted to die. I quickly finished up, got dressed, and ran out of the house as quickly as I could. I am expecting my gf to break up with me tomorrow. I am so embarrassed and I hope my gf doesn't blabber about this, Ill die if anyone else finds out.