Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Life

Alright. So this is the story of my life in the past week.

Last Thursday: Woke up early, packed, packed, and packed until every single item of my life was in some bag, suitcase, or tote. I then had to clean up my side of the dorm room so I could be "checked out" by my fabulous RA Britney. (Oh right, sarcasm doesn't translate in writing...). Kyle got into Champaign around 10:30 in the a.m. and my afternoon was filled with making several trips down to his suburban loading things up. To give you an idea of how much stuff I had; his entire suburban was packed full from right behind the driver/passenger seat, to the back trunk door of the monstrous vehicle. I probably burned about 12,000 calories that day. I then had to say goodbye to my friends (which I've already commented numerous times about how sad that was). I held my composure well as I said goodbye, but as soon as Kyle and I got in the stairwell I started bawling. He made fun of me. Whatever, I'm a baby. We then got to drive home for three hours, then unload that entire car and make it all fit into my room. Yeah, not so fun. But it was fun going out to eat with my parents and Kyle at Fiesta Cancun which I've been looking forward to for years. And yes Luz, mas tequila was involved.

Friday: I slept in till about noon which was fricking amazing. Sleeping in feels so good. Even if you do waste half of your day. I then preceded to do 5 loads of laundry!! Which took forever and made me feel like Cinderella. Pre-glass slippers and prince charming that is. I don't really remember what I did Friday night because my memory isn't that good and I didn't do anything exciting. Kyle was out at the shop working on his race car and I think I may have just stayed home and played the Sims2. I never play that game unless I'm home and really bored. So my parents think I'm addicted. Which I may be.

Saturday: Once again, I really don't remember what I did throughout the day. Seriously, I have the memory of an 80 year old. I do remember I went to the Freeport races with Kyle at night. Because I'm a really good girlfriend and I haven't been to a dirt race in a year. It would have been alot more fun than it was if a) There would have been caramel popcorn (apparently the woman's shipment hadn't come in yet...oh wait, haven't the races been going on for like a month now dumbass?? Let's learn to order things well in advance shall we?) and b) if it wasn't like 30 degrees out. I was so cold my hands went numb. And I tried to be tough so people wouldn't see what a weakling I am but Kyle eventually had to walk me around to help me warm up. But seriously, if you ever need a good laugh, go to Freeport Raceway Park or any dirt track in a small town for that matter. Trust me, you'll spot some characters. You have the classic white trash drunk guys. Hideous manly women with no bras, tiny tacky racing shirts, perms from the 80's, and more wrinkles from smoking than you've ever seen. And then there is the 17 year old girls who dress slutty and really think they're impressing someone. But whoops they forgot, the only thing they're doing is scaring me and attracting 40 year old perves. But that's why I like the races. I like to people watch and I like how I always leave feeling ultra superior and classy compared to those people. I'm the like the Queen of England out there. But honestly, it's fun sometimes and Kyle and his family somehow manage to be the non-trashy race fans and racers.

Sunday: Mother's Day! We woke up early (no joke, 8:30) and Kyle, my dad, and I took my mom out to breakfast at Prime Table. I had waffles with icecream on top. Icecream for breakfast!!!?? Is this heaven? I think so. Then my mom and I just chilled all day on the couch and watched her favorite HGTV/Travel Channel type shows. And we finished the day with a trip to Union Dairy for some A+ icecream More icecream, heaven indeed. I got my mom a card and some tulips. Some really really pretty multi-colored tulips. Cause I'm a dream child and like putting my brother's to shame. haha.

Monday: I wrote a blog for you folks, then laid out and read Harry Potter for about an hour. Until the 90 degree weather made me feel like I was about to die so I had to go inside. I then played the Sims some more. I made this really badass Mexican family. But, no one really cares or gets excited about that stuff other than me so....sorry. Monday night my mom and I watched the second to last episode of the Bachelor. Which is a show that I was sick of, until this season. And I remembered what an amazingly trashy yet fun concept it is. The girl I was rooting for, Tessa, was chosen for the final two, so I slept easy that night. After the show ended, Luz and I talked on the phone about our love for Tessa and how much our sanity is lying on her winning dear Andy's heart. Seriously, if I don't write another blog after next Monday night, it's because she lost and I'm cooped up in an insane asylum with Luz. And if I tend to talk alot about TV in this blog, I swear I'm not TV addicted. It's just that the three shows I do watch are all coming to their season end so I'm quite excited.

Tuesday: I had an eye appointment and found out my left eye is continuing to go more blind each and every day. From just one month ago I already had to go a prescription stronger. Looks like in 15 years from now I'll be wearing an eye patch. I'm not sad about that though, it will be fun to scare little children. ARGGGG. I also went over to the Eberle's and helped Amanda paint Kyle's room. Yeah, try to figure that one out. It was my first time painting and I think I did a good job. I painted pretty much all the walls with the roller, which may not be the most tedious part of painting, but I was still proud of myself. Then Kyle, Amanda, and I made french bread pizza's. Mine (plain cheese with loads of tomatoes) was amazing. But I ate to much and wound up feeling sick. Yeah, i tend to do that alot.

Today! (Wednesday): Woke up, had two cookies for breakfast (Thanks mom and dad!!) and then passed the morning by reading Harry Potter. My grandma also just stopped by which was very nice and fun. She just turned 85 so she's really getting up there. It's actually really sad because she's been talking about death alot lately which I can't stand. I've always been very close to my Grandma and feel like she's my family soul mate. I know I'll be devastated when she goes but I'm just happy to have her around now. We sat and watched this weird tv show about a crazy guy who lived in Antarctica by himself for a long time. All he ate was seal blubber. It was gross, and I really don't' know why I didn't change the channel. Speaking of channels, make sure you tune in to America's Next Top Model season finale tonight. (Go Natasha!!) Since I know all of you really go for that kind of show.

And that's the past few days. I'm not giving you creeps anymore information because I've already made a good few stalkers out of you. Just kidding, I love you blog readers.

And for now, ta ta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was NOT loads of tomatoes on that pizza

Luz said...

oh winky u bawled? that's so sad/ sweet. im so touched winky. hey i went to rockford yesterday n i saw a sign for freeport. i got so excited! i wanted to visit u but we couldn't.