Monday, May 14, 2007

Home at Last

Welp. I'm home.

It's always weird coming back and having no real responsibility. No homework to work on, no work to go to, no areas to clean. It's nice. I'm actually pretty excited about not having to work for two weeks. Yes, I miss the money and it is incredibly hard trying to save it and make the little I do have last while I'm home, but I don't have to worry about any old crazy people. I think being a waitress is the easiest/hardest job in the world. It's easy because I get to work with some of the greatest people ever. Joe and Pete are the funniest, craziest Italian guys you'll ever meet. And I get to talk to all sorts of different people all night long and get paid to bring them food. But then its also such a hard job. It can be so stressful, and there are so many jerks out in the world. There really are quite a few asses whose parents obviously forget to give them the respect/decency lessons. Whoops.

But here I am, home, never again to live in a dorm. As I said in a previous blog (I think-sometimes I think I do things that I never actually do. It's a problem) I was really actually kind of sad to leave the dorm. I was sad to say goodbye to all the girls that I have become so close to. However, I was not so sad to leave many of the unattractive aspects that come about with living with loads of girls. You try not being grossed out going to shower in stalls with huge black hair clumps. And when you're brushing your teeth hearing girls in the shower throwing up and/or blowing snot into the drain you later have to stand in to get clean. Yes, sick. I also won't miss the fear of when and if the cockroaches will show up. When we moved in in the fall, our room was (luckily for us) infested with inch long cockroaches. This was a huge problem considering I have the biggest phobia of all bugs you could ever imagine. Laying in bed at night and seeing three nasty, dirty, icky cockroaches climbing along your floor/wall is NOT fun in any respect. Thankfully, that problem got fixed, and they didn't return. Although me and Kelli did see about a two inched hard shelled Fear Factor-esk Cockroach in the bathroom right before Christmas. Oh, and you can't forget all the dead ones laying in the basement. I'm no genius, but isn't that a heath code violation or something? Ok, you're right, I am a genius so there must be some rule against that.

So overall, I am pretty excited about moving into an apartment. I'm not to thrilled about having to pay bills...that just doesn't seem like it's going to be my forte, but it should be fun. I think when I'm older I'll win the lottery, so I always have enough money to pay the bills (cause let's be honest, as a teacher I'll be struggling) and then I'll pay Nate to handle my money and do my taxes. Somehow Nate and Brady have always been able to understand Math and Sciences. I on the other hand, am remedial to say the least in these subjects. Give me a paper to write, a book to read, or a history assignment to do any day, and I'll make a killing. Make me do math, science, or anything of that sort, and I'll fail miserably. That's why fall semester this past year was pretty much a joke. I think it was like a comedy watching me try to succeed in Stats and Econ. No matter how fricking hard I tried, that shit just didn't make sense. Seriously, going into Econ I thought it would be easy enough. I thought we'd study the history of the economy, blah, blah, blah. But apparently, Econ has terms and rules and formulas. WTF? Me trying to understand what the hell the IA lines and all the fricking supply/demand/confusing curves there were was hilarious. What the frick ever happened to simple laissez faire?? I thought we left the economy alone. Apparently we study it and make formulas for it. Stupid. I have an idea...lets just take money from all the overpaid celebrities, musicians, and athletes and give it to the poor. Ok, I'm not stupid enough to really think that would work. But I surely know I don't want to study that stuff. I'll leave it to someone else.

I actually have quite a bit more to say and I was going to write about my moving out of the dorm and this past weekend...but it's like 90 degrees outside and I think that chair on the deck is calling my name. So I'll write about it later. And I'll just be laying out in the beautiful sunshine while you all are hard at work. Suckas!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

finally...

Anonymous said...

This entry doesn't talk about how much you miss me.

Luz said...

winky this whole summer break deal is so weird to me too. i don't know what to do with myself so the only solution my body can think of is sleep until 2 get up pretend like i cleaned a little take the ducks out watch a little maury and keep looking out the window in hopes that someone will be home to stop my boredom.

p.s. me n math n science are just not compatible either.