Wednesday, May 30, 2007

You want a post?? You got one

Be prepared. If your eyes/brain can't handle an intensely long entry then you may need to read this in sections.

It's my fault I'm putting your brain power at risk. I haven't written for nearly two weeks. Ouch. I'm way behind on lots of news. But before I begin the tale of all tales, let me just say how good it feels to actually even be typing. I'm in Champaign in my wondrous apartment but without cable or the Internet. I've struggled enough with my TV's rabbit ears to get a very fuzzy CBS. I feel cut off from the world. But I found out how to "borrow" someone else's internet from the university so I'm now sitting on my couch typing. Yea! But that's really not why I'm so happy to be writing. I feel so happy right now because I've been so lonely. And in a way I feel like I"m talking to someone, and its good to know at least people I care about are still out there reading about my life. Even if I'm all by myself right now.

So I honestly don't even know where to begin. I don't know how to include eveything that's been going on in my life lately. I've been a busy girl. Busy doing nothing. I believe I wrote an entry awhile ago giving you a play by play of my everyday since coming home from college. I"ll attempt to pick up where that left off.

That weekend (Friday) I went to Kyle's very first official race. Amanda, Dave, Justin, and virtually the entire Eberle/Roger (Kyle's extended family) clan was there. The experience was on the verge of terrifying and I'm almost certain I already have ulcers from the worrying i do. It was incredibly scary watching Kyle race and praying that he didn't crash or flip the car or start on fire and burn to death. Luckily, he survived. However, he didn't get to finish the race because of some technical difficulties. But I was still so so proud and happy for him. And eventually my nerves went away, thanks to the many Buds Amanda and I helped ourselves to.

Later that weekend Kyle once again showed what an outstanding boyfriend he is by taking me to Rockford to go apartment shopping. Most girls love shopping. And I do. For about an hour. After that, I'm tired, hungry, and ready for a lay down. You can imagine my pain after spending an entire day making difficult decisions on what the appearance of my apartment should be and laying down $300 for it. Whewwwww. That's a massive amount of money for a struggling college girl for those of you with real jobs. It hurt the wallet. It hurt my heart even more.

I guess I don't really remember much of last week. It passed in a big blur of bliss. I absolutely love doing nothing. I love sleeping in. Not having to worry about jack. Not having responsibility, a set plan, commitments. I had a great laid back week. Sigh, it was very nice :)

Oh! I know what I'm forgetting. Last Monday was Kyle's birthday and we had a pretty quiet celebration but it was fun. I was very happy that I was able to spend it with him and even though I had zero money he still enjoyed my present. I got him three DVD's that he's been asking for (well, two. One was a double packaged kind. If you haven't seen these new multi-packed DVD's head to your local Wal-Mart and check them out. I was pleasantly surprised by the genius behind it). And while I spent much more money on the DVD's, Kyle's favorite present I gave him was a picture frame from the dollar store with a picture of him and his race car. Then along the edging I printed and pasted results from his first race. He loved it. Lesson of the blog: sometimes it really is the thought that counts, and money doesn't buy happiness. (But money would help buy mine. If you want to start a collection towards the Whitney Fund I would be quite pleased).

So as I said, the week passed in a blur and before I knew it I was already attending Kyle's second race. This time just Dave, Justin and I went (Amanda wussed out) so I went into the pits (where the actual race cars and are worked on) with the boys. It was surprisingly a ton of fun. I still have the trouble of feeling like I"m going to yak when Kyle gets out to race, and I'm sort of happy I don't have to watch in intense fear for the rest of the summer, but it was still a very good time. And there wasn't even beer involved! Kyle also got to actually finish his first race which was so exciting and made me feel like a proud mother again. I only like the races a tad bit, but I love seeing how happy it makes him.

Saturday I got to spend with my parents, Nate, Kim, Brady, Kenna, and Kyle. It was so much fun to have everyone all in the same place and just be able to be together. My family is a ton of fun to be around and I always laugh so much. Saturday night we took my parents out (for their 30th wedding anniversary) to Fieldstone's in Freeport. Well, I must say I think the Cannova's clan overestimated their cooking ability. Maybe they should stick with Italian. Fieldstone wasn't my favorite although the food was a solid C. It just felt like one of those "hangouts" for the old folks. They really like their Fieldstone.

Sunday was a tremendously fun fun day. It was beautiful outside. We grilled out, had some really amazing food, drank, and Kyle brought over his Bag set. (Which for those of you who don't know what Bags are; did you go to college? Oh, and you're lame). We pretty much were glued to Bags all day. And while I prize myself on being a real winner I somehow managed to lose all but one game. It was a real blow to my pride and winning streak at all competitions I face in life. I just don't lose. I hate losing. But Sunday really beat the shit out of me. I blame it on the 1.5 pina coladas I had. You're right. Horrible excuse.

Monday, Nate and Kim, then a couple of hours later Brady and Kenna, packed up and left. It was really sad because I do miss my brothers more than I probably should. I've always been a real homebody and I really like being around my family. It also sucked because I had to pack up allll day Monday. Funny how fast 2 1/2 weeks can go. That night, my parents took me out to one last meal at Fiesta Cancun. How I do love Mexican food. It was a nice, quiet end to a brilliant break.

Tuesday, (yesterday) was a rough day to say the least. I woke up early, showered, ate a quick lunch with Kyle, then packed up his suburban (much fuller than the trip home from the dorms) and left for Champaign. We got here around 3 in the afternoon and I was so so excited to show him my apartment. He loved it. I love it. It is so beautiful and sometimes I wonder how I'm affording this. Oh wait, those silly girls sub-leased it to us at a ridiculously cheap price. (Why oh why would they agree to pay more than half the cost for the entire summer??) Oh well, good for me. I'm afraid this apartment is going to spoil me rotten and living in my fall apartment is going to be a rough adjustment. At least I have even more living space to look forward to for the fall. And it's only about 8 minutes further from campus...and about $300 cheaper than this one (for normal rent)...so i guess I can't complain. But I probably will.

Kyle and I spent all evening unpacking which was really difficult to do. Much harder than unloading for the dorm rooms. I didn't think i had that many new things but apparently i did. It was a long process and sleep felt very very good last night.

Today, Kyle got up and left at 5:30am so he could make it home in time for work. I don't know if it was simply my exhaustion from the night before, or I was really that sad, but I felt quite low after he left. For a few minutes I sat on the living room in silence. Then started to cry. I then moved into my bedroom and cried myself back to sleep. Funny, I'm away from Kyle for weeks/months at a time all year long. But once being back with him for even a little amount of time makes imagining being away from him impossible. It's so easy to get used to the things you love. And take them for granted.

I woke up today still feeling down and really lonely. Move in already roommates!!!! I miss you guys!!! I worked until 1:30 in the afternoon until I was finally (finally!!!) finished unpacking. Good lord, it took forever. But everything looks divine and I can't wait until my roommates get here so I can see the finished project. Technically MJ has already moved in but she's off in Ohio till Sunday so I'm all alone until then. Normally, I enjoy being by myself because I'm a very inward person who needs time away from people. But I'm really excited about not being alone right now. Let me tell you, being in a space with no internet, TV, or humans gets real lonely, real quick. I've resorted to the old talking to myself. It's nice to hear I still have a voice.

It's actually not that bad. I went to work ($130 tonight!!!- Welcome back Whitney!!!) and we were surprisingly very busy. But it was nice to see the old Minneci's crew and make some well needed money. The less than 10 minute walk to work is also a real treat compared to the half hour one from the dorms. Less exercise for me, but a much, much happier me.

I fully intend to post pictures of my apartment for everyone to see. I'm debating on waiting however until everyone moves in so you see the finished project. We'll see. It will be a surprise!!! I will also post pictures I took at Kyle's second race and this really hilarious one I took yesterday of him in an apron. (there is a story behind it). But those may not appear for a few days because I'm lazy.

So overall I'm very happy with my apartment. More than happy. I love it, love it, love it!!!!! I'm just a bit depressed so hopefully you're not getting a negative vibe. I just miss my home, my parents, my family, Kyle's family, and Kyle. I'm so attached to those things (more than anyone knows) so it's hard for me sometimes to be on my own. I feel like I've grown really independent in the past year. But I'm not ashamed to admit I still miss those people like crazy. And I miss Kyle. I'm sick of having a long distance relationship. But I'm half through with college so there is a brightside.

Speaking of brightside (Mr. Brightside) I downloaded a new ringtone today by The Killers. It's amazing and my new favorite sound in the world. I'm so stoked for someone to call me so I can sing and dance to it.

Well, I'm tired of writing and thinking right now so I do believe I had better end this blog. But you can bet your ass I'll be writing another one very, very soon. Being all alone with no distractions other than Harry Potter provides me with a limited amount of excuses to not blog. Plus I have alot more to say right now but my charm and wit is all dried up for tonight.

So until next time...(which will probably be in the next 24 hours) So long! And be safe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here is something to make you not as lonely:

Red Head Video