Friday, June 1, 2007

Combo of Nothing

Thanks Nate!! Your video (posted in last blog's comments) did cheer me up. He sure had some smooth moves. Honestly though, I think I might have that song on iTunes which may make me even nerdier than the guy who sings that song. He sort of reminds me of this red head that was on American Idol a couple of years ago. Really nerdy, no rhythm what so ever, and a surprisingly deep voice.

I hate voice surprises. I don't know if that bothers anyone else, but I don't like expecting to hear one sound when I meet a new someone and something completely unexpected comes out. You know, sometimes you meet a little girl, you expect a little voice, and suddenly a man boom comes out instead? Or that annoying raspy/itchy voice? And when you meet a tall guy and expect a deep manly voice and instead hear a female inspired lisp. Ah well. Maybe it's just me who is so easily driven crazy. Like I'm one to talk, I'm pretty sure I have one of those annoying girly voices. Oh well, at least I'm not a man or a girl monster with this voice.

So I didn't write a blog yesterday. Instead I did nothing all day. I read Harry Potter, watched my fuzzy CBS, played on the internet, and didn't even bother to shower before work. Gross, I know. I fully intended to write when I got home from work but I was tired and just felt like laying around. So I did, and went to bed very early for me (12:00). At least I'm getting used to my apartment and being alone. It's really not bad at all. I took a bunch of pictures today but I doubt I'll publish the apartment ones just yet.

So right now I'm watching the Price is Right because it's the only channel I get and I forgot what a great show it is. I think I'll just lay around again today until work tonight, but this time I will shower first. I'm very excited about not having to go to work tomorrow...I get a whole day just to myself!!! I'll probably run some errands, maybe head to the quad if its nice out, and just relax. I would love to just sit out on our gorgeous balcony (I bought a little chair for it) and read my Harry Potter and tan, however construction has taken over the street right in front of our complex. Meaning I can't even keep our screen doors or windows open without getting a headache. They are tearing up a street and it is LOUD. I've been woken up every morning since being here by them and I'm ready for the dust, grit, and noise to go away already.

That is the one thing I have yet to get used to at this apartment. The new noises. It is loud here at night. Each night I've been woken up by loud, loud drunk people outside my window and in the stairwell. Poor Shubbu, her bedroom is right next to the stairwell. She will never get sleep. Oh well, my ears will adjust and at least I recognize the noises for what they are now. And don't think someone is breaking in. Because I'm paranoid like that.

Well I wish I had more to say....but I don't. Not doing anything and having two uneventful nights of work has really left me with little to say. But I'll write real soon. Adios!

No comments: