Wednesday, June 6, 2007

See...I'm Doing Something

Alright Dighty. I'm in a good mood tonight. I've gotten a ton of things done these past few days which makes me quite proud of myself. Being productive feels good. Even though not all of my things were truly that productive.

For example. Monday night Jonah, MJ, and I were hanging out at the apartment. (I don't care what you say...being the third wheel is fun). Jonah then disappeared for awhile, therefore Marty and I walked the 3o second walk to the liquor store to pick up a 6 pack of Smirnoff Ice's. (black cherry) Not really a hard core drink, but I felt tipsy. When Jonah returned he had the real fine idea of heading over to the bar. Therefore, we walked the 1 minute walk to Legends and sat down and had two pitchers of beer. Marty and I both got very happy before we decided to leave. It was a great time and all of these short walks are really convenient.

Tuesday I finished the fourth Harry Potter. This does create a bit of a dilemma seeing as how I only have book 5 and 6 to read until the final #7 comes out the third week of July. I'll probably be finished with 5 and 6 by the end of June (or before that). Dear me, what am I supposed to do while waiting!! Hopefully, I'll be distracted with a week long trip home I'm planning while Minneci's is closed and the release of the Harry Potter 5 movie. I really am a Harry Potter fanatic. I think I know everything about every one of the books and I'm willing to bet I'm in the top 5% of the novel's biggest fans. I mean I loooveee these books. I could read them over and over for the rest of my life non stop and I wouldn't grow tired of them. I'm excited to have kids just so I can introduce them to the world of Harry Potter. Nate made fun of me a bit for my attachment to the series and suggested I spend my time reading new novels....but that just isn't what I want to do. If any of you haven't read these books, please PLEASE do. I promise they aren't kiddy/childish books. They are such a fun read. Once you start reading, you'll see. Sometimes I honestly wish Hogwarts was a real school and I was a witch. I would date Ron (sorry Kyle, sorry Hermione) and be best friends with Harry. Oh, and I would help kill Voldermort. Seriously everyone, don't judge this series by the movies. Read the books! Read the books! Read the books!!!

I also worked and closed last night. It was a usual dull Tuesday night. Nothing to exciting happened. I made 70 dollars and got a 35 dollar check so that was decent I suppose. Following work, I walked to the post office to mail a letter (money) to Nate and then headed to Walgreens to pick up some items. Only to find Walgreens closes at 8pm in the summer. What the hell??!! 8 pm?? I thought their primary shoppers where college students not 1st graders.

Today I did a whole lot. I had like 30 really good dreams (hey, it's hard work) before finally dragging myself out of bed at close to 11am. I then spent the morning on the phone with Kelli (I miss you Kels!) Then I did a hard core apartment cleaning. I glass cleaned, dusted, vacuumed, swept, cleaned the kitchen, and even did a thorough cleaning of my bathroom. I'm an extreme neat freak and I just love looking at a clean apartment. It makes me so happy :) After cleaning I headed to Walgreens to pick up the items I so stupidly could not get last night. Walgreens on campus is an enormous, gigantic rip off. I hardly got anything and spent 60 dollars. They add at least 4 dollars on to every item's normal price because they know so many students without cars have no where else to shop. Ass wipes.

I got home with enough time to relax for a bit. I watched Rachel Ray's TV talk show for the first time. Biiiiiig disappointment. Really, she is weird. And sort of obnoxious. I've decided I don't like her. Her cookbook I got for free blowed, and her TV show freaks me out.

I had another night of closing at work tonight, but it was a really really good night. I came home with 110 dollars which made me very pleased. It was just one of those nights where I didn't even do that much work but almost all of my tables tipped me 8-20 dollars. That is amazing when that happens. I love good, fair tippers. They have no idea how much gratitude I feel towards them. And for you jerks who think it's acceptable to only tip a few dollars on a large check, screw you. I'll spit in your food next time. Actually I wont, because I don't want to be fired. But I could...but I could.

And if my post hasn't convinced you of how "productive" I've been lately well hear this, I've also decided I'm not taking classes this summer. It actually has to do with the ridiculous cost of summer courses, but I now get to spend the next few months solely working. It will be funny when my friends are doing homework and studying and I"m not. But it wont be funny when I'm struggling to meet my credit requirements before graduation. I guess this summer I'll be taking Waitressing 101. Or as I like to call it...Waitressing-Way-To-Much. It seems I don't even have interesting waitressing stories anymore. After more than two years I feel like I've grown used to ever sort of behavior and actions one could experience. Its simple. You have your big spenders, cheap asses, understanding nice folks, selfish jerks who don't notice your also running around the restaurant serving other people, good days, and bad days. And tomorrow I don't have to close which always makes for a good day in my opinion. While you don't get off that early in the summer because every one likes to eat late, it's still nice to be home before 10.

Ah well, I'm off to do more productive things than writing a blog. Such as posting pictures for you to see, then reading my obsession, and maybe even trying for some more badass dreams tonight.

TaTa!

No comments: