Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Love Abe, But not his hall....

Quickly:
I've decided that Lincoln Hall at the University of Illinois is cursed. It's a dangerous place and should be avoided at all times...especially when wearing flip flops.


Not only have I had some of my worst classes ever in this building (Spanish anyone?), not only is it becoming so completely run down that the Daily Illini has featured several articles on its nasty appearance, not only does it lack any regulated temperature control, it is also a slick, slippery, dangerous place.


And let me tell you...it's saying alot for me to be criticizing Lincoln Hall. Because I do love that Abraham Lincoln. Good guy.


Today when I was waiting for my class in the main entry, a girl in flip flops was rushing down the staircase from the big lecture hall. Well she was rushing....and then all of a sudden she was sliding, and then falling, and then rolling. I felt awful, not because 10 people watched her do it, but because it looked really painful. Then she made the situation really awkward by looking at everyone who watched her fall, incredibly red-faced, before running off.

Then I laughed.


I only bring this up because I've seen a billion people fall at Lincoln Hall. Oh yes, myself included. I decided to present my klutzy ways last Spring when my Sociology Discussion class got out early. I wanted to beat my class down the stairs so I rushed in front of everyone, unaware that Lincoln Hall staircases don't like slick flip flops, and within a few steps was sliding on my ass loudly and painfully in front of like 6 boys in my class. Awesome. Not embarrassing at all. And because I'm that classy I decided to make the situation even more uncomfortable for the boys behind me by loudly saying "Woooopppsssss!, Ouch!" Then the boys just got quiet until I quickly ran away.


Then they laughed.


I'm telling you, Lincoln Hall is cursed. Beware.


Oh, and here's a picture of me and Martha in Lincoln Hall last year. Posing with Abe Lincoln's head. Which I might add, burned the crap out of marty's hand with it's surprise scalding light bulb hidden back behind his dome.

See? Witchcraft.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't Lincoln's fault! He deserves a better hall!

Luz said...

maybe lincoln wouldn't have burnt martha if she wasn't trying to kiss him! he is not an adulturous man!