Monday, August 20, 2007

The Beginning of Hell....Fall Semester that is

Well I didn't write while home in Freeport (Of course I didn't!) And I'm back here in Champaign with a full day of living in my new apartment under my belt.

So I have a ton to talk about. Unfortunately, we haven't yet gotten our internet set up meaning I'm writing this in the Union at a table with no electrical outlet, so time is pressed. However I shall try to get mucho covered.

My week home in Freeport passed as usual, in the blink of an eye. For some reason though, this particular trip back went really really fast. Maybe because I was so thoroughly dreading coming back and starting classes. I did quite alot (and alot of nothing) while home including; going to the races twice to watch Kyle, made an excellent meal of homemade Manicotti, Italian green beans, and garlic bread, visited my grandma, had lunch with Caitlin (best friend from highschool), ate lots of icecream, went apartment shopping for my parents with my mom, shopped till I almost dropped, watched my father's Intersquad football game, took Kyle's dog Zoe to the dog park, and many other random not really worth mentioning things.

So Saturday evening my parents moved me into my apartment. Which I love!!! And it's semi-amazing how I have so much love for my apartment seeing as how its basically a piece of shit. It's not even half as nice or new as my summer apartment but it's wayyyyyy bigger and for some reason I immediately felt more comfortable in it and had that wonderful feeling of this is home. It really is humongous. And my bedroom is fricking gorgeous (I shall post pictures this weekend hopefully). Yet as I said earlier, much of this apartment is shit. No thanks to Campus Property Management who obviously did nothing to help make it look nicer. Literally we have millions of little holes in our living room wall, dirty paint, peeling paint, broken shit all over, BUT it is wonderfullllll. And I just can't figure out why I love it so much more than out summer apartment, but I'm glad I do. Oh, we also have a pigeon nest on Kelli and my balcony where a mother Pigeon (Pidgey) and her two baby Pigeons live (Paris and Nicole).

So I'm generally very pleased with my apartment and it was so nice to get to see Kelli again. I've missed her! We're good together seeing as how we're both always broke, kind of mean, like to laugh alot, and have a good understanding of one another. Last night Kelli, Bryce (her boyfriend), MJ, and I just relaxed, had a few drinks, and watched High School Musical 2 (thanks for reminding me Amanda!!!).

But tonight it's back to the real world. Back to work. I can't even complain though because I need money like you wouldn't believe. I thought I was ok. Knew I had enough money for September rent and start up utilities. Figured I would somehow make it work buying decorative apartment things (for general living area). But thennnnnn I remembered I had books to buy. Shit. Fucking books. How did I forget this? I have no idea. But I literally have no money to buy books which will probably cost me $500+. Ouch. So if you have extra money, how about you throw some my way? I seriously believe college book prices are the biggest rip off in the entire world. I spent $700 last semester on books and at book buyback only got $60. Yeah. What the fuck.

So anyway, work is not something I'm really looking forward to, but something that is utterly necessary. Luckily I have the entire day off tomorrow (since I only work Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays this semester) before we start school Wednesday. I can't believe classes are ready to start!! Because I'm certainly not ready for this. Especially since I have wayyyy to many 8am's. Here (if you care) is a look at my fall schedule:
Monday
8-11am : Curriculum and Instruction (at a highschool)
1-2pm: History of Illinois
2-3:20pm: History of Traditional China
4:30-? : Work
Tuesday
8-9am : US History discussion
9:30-11am: Speech Communications :(
12-1 pm: US History
Wednesday
Exact same as Monday
Thursday
Exact same as Tuesday minus History Discussion
Friday
10-11am: Some education class
1-2 pm: History of Illinois
4:30-? : work

So all in all, not a horrible schedule, just way to early.

But dear me! Look at the time! I need to start the long trek home so I have time to grab a quick bite to eat and shower before work. Hopefully we'll have the internet set up ASAP so I'll be able to write in the next two days. Wish me luck! Fall Semester Begins!

1 comment:

mandaelyse said...

I reminded you to watch HSM2, but I myself did not get a chance to watch it in its entirety, if you can believe that! I had thought that they'd be airing it in a loop everyday for the rest of the year, but turns out the Disney Channel is crap. Don't they know how much I love 26 year olds who can't act to save their lives pretending to be in high school?

Also, I'm back to blogging! Read it! Read it!