Sunday, August 26, 2007

T-minus less than one week......

I don't know if I believe it myself, but I've finished my first week of classes and virtually my first weekend back at school. Lets just pray that the rest of this year goes by so smoothly, with such little work, and so very quickly.

I also don't know if I believe that in one week from now I'll be 21. This should be a very exciting birthday. Thus far the plan for my birthday (Friday) is for all my friends to meet at Luz, Shubbu, and Alex's apartment and do a little pre-gaming there. Then we'll head out on a small (since we're all so poor right now) bar crawl, where friends of friends will meet up with us. I'm thinking I'll have an amazing time and I'm so fricking excited!! Then Saturday Kyle is coming to visit me for the weekend which will be great since Monday is labor day. I can't wait!!

So back to this last week. It went well. Really well. Thus far, I've bought about half of my books ($300) and am just putting off buying the books I know I'm going to hate reading. Like for History of Traditional China. Seriously, I know I'm going to hate, hate, hate that class. Really though, none of my other classes seem that hard, or at least nothing that I can't handle. I'm hoping this will be a good semester.

Yesterday we finally got our cable and Internet installed. We got some basic high-speed Internet and decided since we're saving so much on rent, to splurge a little and buy cable with DVR. This is like heaven to us. No more missed episodes of Grey's or Top Model!! Yea! I'm also pretty pumped about the 400 channels. Not that any college student needs that many distractions.....

Yesterday also has gone down as my first official night out as a Junior and I had a blast. We (Kelli, Luz, Shubbu, Alex, and I) started off at our apartment where I proudly made a drink that has been named after my nickname. "The Winky" includes a frozen can of lemonade, about half a shitload of strawberry margarita mix, a good couple dumps of Rum, and a little more than half a bottle of Tequila. Stir well, serve with ice, probablyyy get drunker than expected. We then went to an apartment party a couple doors down which was semi lame but we met some nice neighbors and took advantage of their keg. Then we played some classic drinking games, and finally headed to some apartment party where we stole beer (totally unnecessary, we were already drunk) and danced the night away. We left just as my maternal instinct kicked in and I was trying to take care of this random totally-smashed/trashed/lost little freshman asian boy. I just felt sorry for him. But not to sorry, Kelli and me left the party very very happily.

So that was my night. It was fun and even better; I feel totally fine today. I'm thinking of it as practice for Friday night. Woohoo 21!!!! But I can't think of that now because I sadly have to go organize my week and get a little homework done. Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll Write soon!

1 comment:

Luz said...

we took of advantage of ur drunk neighbors not nice