Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You Know I'm No Good

So lately there has been some big drama dealing with my classes and my inability to get registered for a certain Illinois History class. Most of the drama stemmed from the fact that my advisors here act like they are incapable of doing their job and helping out a student. Honestly, they get paid to sit in front of a computer all day and to do what? Sit there and tell me they have no control over what classes I can get into? Bullshit. Their lazy and I hate them both.

Thankfully after months of trying and two weeks of classes I finally got into the class ON MY OWN with no help from dumb and dumber. What a bunch of noodle brains. I do love this university, but sometimes I believe it severely lacks any strong student/advisor/professor connection.

So the advisors here suck but I can't pretend I'm little miss perfect. In fact, I am no honorary student. Lets see, today was the 5th day of class and I already slept late today, missing my first class of the day. Whoops. Luckily for me it was the first time that particular discussion group had met so I was able to email a little white lie (okay a big fat lie) to my TA about why I missed class. I feel bad for lying, but sadly not to bad. I guess I have no morals. I guess I need a new alarm clock too. I'm not the type to sleep late and miss class so hopefully this will be a one time thing. But seriously, who knows with all of these 8am-ers. Not to complain (any more than I already do) but they're killing me.

Another thing that is killing me is this God awful Speech Comp class. I don't mind speaking in public, in fact my highschool speech teacher believed I gave wonderful speeches. I just hate giving lame, pointless, ridiculous speeches. Like the one I'm being forced to give Thursday about "something central to who I am". Um.......hating this class, assignment, U of I advisors, and 8 am classes is pretty central to who I am right now.

But I don't think that will work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Whitney. I've always had good interaction with my instructors.

WhitC said...

Whore

Luz said...

ew why r u taking history of china? u know the only history that matters is history of u.s.!