Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Officially a (Unproductive) Junior

My very first day of college as an upperclassman was quite eventful because of how uneventful it turned out to be.

Like any good stock American girl, I of course had to dress up for my first day of class. This sadly meant waking up at 6:50am (which was none to enjoyable) so I could make it on time to my 8am, 3-hour hell of a class. Getting up early was painful, largely because as usual, I am unable to get any sleep the night before school starts. Therefore, getting attractive this morning was even more painful, especially because undereye bags and dark circles are impossible to get rid of.

But I did manage to arrive to my first class on time (early as a matter of fact) only to watch 8am come and go, 8:10 come and go, and finally at 8:20 my classmates and I agreed to fuck that and just leave. What kind of professor skips the first lecture without sending out any sort of notification? I would say a horrible one, but because he's cancelled all Monday 8-11am classes until late September (when we get field placed to a highschool) I cannot help but loving the guy. So pretty much, my first class of Junior year was a bust.

Then after a very satisfying nap I headed to Illinois History which should prove to be a very enjoyable class. I found out I'm the only lonesome kid in class from Northwest Illinois other than that sad little boy from Boylan. But he doesn't count.

That class was cut short, lasting only about a half hour. I then headed to my final class of the day, History of Traditional China (ick). There I found exactly what I expected; a classroom full of Asians and a few scared looking white kids. Then once again, for the second time, I had a professor not show up for class. His TA however, explained to us that our professor was in another country...which I suppose is a valid excuse. So the TA simply went through the class syllabus (which proves my professor is a nut case; He won't allow us to chew gum, has the most insane attendance policies, and repeatedly referred to China as an imaginary Dinosaur....yeah, I don't get it either) and then let us leave. This lasted all of 5 minutes.

That of course means that my first day of school my Junior year had all of 35 minute actual class time. But I'm not complaining.....Oh no, I'm not complaining.

But I am tired. And do need sleep. This early rising stuff is really not my cup of tea. So off to bed I am.

Adios!

No comments: