Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bad Ass


Let's hope my professors don't read this blog.
Because here I am, admitting I cheated on my quiz today!! :0
See, it was for my Special Education class. Which I'm confused as to why I need to take it in the first place...since I won't be teaching special ed. kids in highschool.

Me or any of my other History Secondary Ed. friends take this class seriously. It's worth 1 credit hour and frankly should be a joke of a class. Yet my professor insits on making this as time-consuming and difficult as possible. Bull shit.

It's quite funny because all of the history kids sit in the farthest possible corner of the class, make fun of the Math (nerds!), Science (icky nerds!), and English (Weird, with a few decent ones) classmates. We also talk the entire class period, laugh loudly, and just show a general lack of respect. It's horrible. But so much fun. We've already been shushed numerous times. Living proof that "shushing" still happens in college.

We really can't help it though. History secondary ed.'s are by far the coolest of all the Secondary Ed. students. We are like an inseparable gang. We're the most sociable, funniest, and have the fewest creeps. We organize bar crawls, happy hours, and scheme on ways to get out of work. We're told this is to be expected of the history students, we're becoming "Social Studies teachers for a reason" because we, more than any of the others, "know how to be sociable". True, very true.

Back to today. A quiz for my Special Ed. class has been in the works for the past couple of weeks. We history students didn't study. Then realized when entering class, that this might be a bit more difficult than we first suspected.

So we came up with a plan. Called "since-we-all-sit-in-the-back-lets-put-our-notebooks-on-the-floor-to-copy-off-of-and-also-copy-off-of-each other." It worked brilliantly. We all giggled the entire time and I'm pretty sure we all got A's.

Genius. We are amazing.

So yes I am a cheater. Yes I know my future students will cheat one day. But let's be honest. Is cheating on one little quiz going to make a big difference in life?

No. Or let's hope not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorely disappointed in you.

WhitC said...

oh dear

If only I had known the chancellor was reading my blog!